Premier organization to lead Thailand into a digital economy
1. Create a strategic plan to promote digital economy, research policy, index, situation report And follow the progress of digital technology and innovation in the future
2. Promote investment support Collaborate with other people or engage in business related to industry or digital innovation.
3. Promote and develop the application of digital technology to apply in business or industry and community, society and local
4. Promote, support and carry on the development of manpower and industrial personnel and digital innovations in accordance with the needs of the country.
5. Recommend, expedite and follow up with amendments to laws or regulations Or measures relating to the protection of intellectual property of the industry or digital innovation
Digital Economy Promotion Agency Aims to promote And support the development of digital industry and innovation Develop and promote the use of digital technology to be beneficial to the economy, society, culture and national security under the Digital Development Act for economy and society, 2017, provided on 23 January 2017, year 2 in the current reign
The Digital Economy Promotion Agency or depa has the following powers and duties.
1. Create a strategic plan to promote the digital economy in line with national policies and plans on digital development for the economy and society.
2. Promote and support investment or business related to industry or digital innovation
3. Promote, support and cooperate with other people in the development of industry or digital innovation
4. Promote, support and carry on the development of personnel in the industry and digital innovation
5. Recommend, expedite and monitor the improvement of laws or regulations or measures relating to the protection of intellectual property of the industry or digital innovations to relevant agencies
6. Perform other duties as the Board of Directors Special Committee Or the Office of the Digital Economy Promotion Commission Or as required by law
7. Agree and cooperate with other organizations or agencies, both government and private sectors, both at home and abroad, in businesses relating to the implementation of the objectives of the Office of Promotion Digital economy
8. Holding shares as partners Or join a joint venture with other people in order to achieve the objectives of the organization Digital Development Act for Economy and Society, 2017
The implementation of 2. , 3. , 4. and 5. must be consistent with the strategic plan to promote the digital economy and Industry or digital innovation Shall include industry or innovation in the use of digital technology to create or disseminate content through media that is beneficial to the economy, society, culture and national security as well